Saturday, May 19, 2012

Surprise Envelope

I started off my morning by going to yoga with my absolute favorite yoga instructor. She is extremely motivating and whenever we are all struggling, she tells us to hold the post, and SMILE. Everyone always busts out with laughter. Laughter makes everything better, don't you think?

I came home to find in my mailbox, a wonderful surprise (along with a few bills, of course) from my childhood best friend. We now live 600 miles apart, but we always meet whenever I am back, or whenever she makes a trip over. She's been my hiking buddy, my Peet's buddy, my dessert buddy, my please-come-with-me-get-my-old-car-fixed-and-smog-check buddy, and an ear to listen to me vent whenever it is necessary. I'm so fortunate and grateful to have such a wonderful friend like her.

This is the beautiful package that was delivered to my mailbox today. I'm sure even the mail man wanted to take a peek at what's inside.


I was very surprised to find just how jam packed this envelope was. It was filled with goodies and memories. 


From left to right:

1. A package of Thai curry. I love Thai food, especially their curry! This is what I'll be making for dinner tonight!

2. Box of Kancho chocolate biscuits. Who doesn't love snacks? Especially Asian snacks?

3. Two very memorable photos. One was taken at Cocola at Santana Row, and the other was taken at a waterfall when we went hiking in LA.

4. Beautifully handcrafted card. I love 3D cards. The fact that it pops out a little makes it so much more interesting.

5. HI-CHEWS! I've had them in strawberry, but haven't tried it in mango. I'm definitely excited to try it as it is one of my favorite fruit. I've been warned it's addicting...

6. Two nail polishes. I love nail polish! I can never have too much nail polish.

I'm truly grateful to have such a great friend that I can share my feelings with. She's been by my side and has lend me an ear through my ups and downs. 

What are some of the small items that you've received or you've given that really make someone happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment