Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First Home

In two days, we are closing escrow! This is my biggest purchase and my very first home!

Here at the accounting firm, it is the busiest of the busiest time of year. This is just about the toughest time I could put myself in the position of going through escrow. Especially being a first timer, I would have definitely chose any other time to purchase if I had known just how much work really goes in to acquiring property, whether it's personal, rental, commercial, you name it.

Luckily for me, I've had so many wonderful friends and family to help guide me through this journey that opens the next chapter of my life. Everyone has been so caring and attentive when I ask for advice. It's such an honor to have amazing people who share their best resources with you and give you advice on decisions as if the situation was truly their own.

To sit back and realize just how crazy I am,  even my boss, who has been really getting into investment property has told agents to stop calling until tax season is over. He's someone who will jump at most opportunities. As for myself, I've been meeting with my agent on weekends, before work, after work, in-between work. Everyday, I find myself yawning and sigh-ing. I'm completely exhausted.

Instead of shopping and lusting over bags and shoes, I find myself at furniture stores and the Home Depot more than I ever thought I would step foot in during my lifetime.

To all you CPA's out there, don't buy a house during tax season unless you have family or assistants of some sort to help you!!

Three things that I've learned:

1. Take one day by one day.
2. Always be positive and smile.
3. Don't be afraid to let go. While packing, I realized how much of a hoarder I am of certain things I should have tossed or donated ages ago. Stop accumulating!!

Happy tax season!



No comments:

Post a Comment