Thursday, July 12, 2012

Macaron Madness

Last week before my boyfriend left for vacation to Europe, we decided to hop on over to our local mini downtown and grab a bite. Since we still had time after dinner, we decided to get something for dessert. We were waiting in line at the extremely popular ice cream parlor that has a unique environment that reminds me of Mary Poppins (Yes, they do wear those flat top hats! and the full on outfit like in the 60's!) but we got tired of waiting and heard from my friend that it's not worth it, simply overhyped. We walked around and found this super cute macaron and cupcake shop!

This was my first time stepping foot inside a macaron shop. The display and the setting of the store was just beautiful. I loved how they used very soft yet vibrant colors. I think I was more into the decor of the store than the actual desserts.


The cupcakes looked so perfect and the frosting looked SO marshmallow-y and squishy!! I didn't get one to try. I'm not a huge fan of American sweets, as most of them are too sweet for me.


The macaron display -- it looked like a pastel color palette. So pretty!


At the back of the shop, they had their cakes and macaron displayed for customers to admire from afar. 


A macaron tower -- I absolutely adore the soft pastel colors. Okay, I can't stop emphasizing how much I love the color, the decor, everything I love love love! The shop was just really cute.


Isn't this store just so pretty? There's a few more really famous macaron shops in LA that I haven't had the chance to visit yet.

What is your favorite bakery and what is your favorite macaron flavor?

1 comment:

  1. Wow everything looks so delicious! I love it all - and by the way, love your Chanel flats too :)

    ReplyDelete