Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tiny Yet Tremendous

In today's post, I'd like to share with you a few things that make the work week go by much faster, and allows me to really relax after work. I love my job, but I work in a fairly rare environment where many times I find myself thinking about what to do after work to allow myself to call it a day. Amazingly, these little things have such a tremendous impact that make a week fly by.

1. Fairly Legal -- This is one of my favorite shows. First off, it's San Francisco! I love going back home (alright, I'm not from the city, but close enough to frequent there) and I often find myself looking up plane tickets to this amazing place I grew up in. This show does a great job showcasing the beautiful city that I absolutely adore. It raises some level of awareness of different struggles that people encounter and compromising solutions. I'm no lawyer or close to anything of that sort, but I like the idea of mediation. In my work, I work closely with a law firm next door as we share many of the same clients. Hung over from watching too much tv, but I'm always hoping to catch a glimpse of a case to see what it's like to be in a shoes of a lawyer and how they deal with these situations. 

2. The Big Bang Theory -- who doesn't love hilarious science nerds? My favorite is Sheldon. Never fail to bust out a good laugh.

3. The Gym -- The sauna and some cardio works wonders for the body. I used to go during my lunch hour, but now I indulge in this super Asian neighborhood with tons of Asian food left and right. I workout after I eat a light dinner and the sauna is just reeeelaxing and loosens up my tense shoulders and butt from sitting all day at the office.

4. Walking the dog -- I hate walking outdoors around the neighborhood, especially alone. But when you're walking your pet, it's just so much better, time flies, and you get something done.



5. Yoga -- All I have to say is that when you have found a great teacher, stick with him or her! Find one that suits you and your body will thank you.

What do you do that relaxes you and helps your work week move by faster?

1 comment:

  1. aww i love reading about some of your favorite things! i LOVE big bang theory and yes HEART sheldon!!! your doggy is SOOO so cute! i love his coloring! such a pretty burnt toffee coloring!

    ReplyDelete